- AT&T finally launches proper 5G 13 December 2019 | 10:47 am
- Telenor Norway goes all-in on Ericsson for 5G RAN 13 December 2019 | 10:14 am
- US and China reportedly sign tentative trade agreement 13 December 2019 | 8:50 am
- Nokia gets German train automation gig 12 December 2019 | 1:10 pm
- Cisco revamps networking platform with new silicon and software 12 December 2019 | 12:18 pm
Senior Lecturer in Analytics & GovernanceUniversity of Derby
Academy universities, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and the development of a range of Analytics based degree programmes.
His current research focus is into the governance issues raised by information technology in general and Big Data Analytics in particular. Over 110 students recently worked on assignments identifying and evaluating the challenges and opportunities posed to SMEs by Big Data, using the 12 Big Data Vs as the basic analytical framework. The research focus for his students during 2014/2015 is aimed at characterising the level of reliability of data generated in the Internet of Things.
He is a programme committee member of the annual Knowledge Management in Organisations conference. He was one of the co-chairs of the Big Data & Analytics 2014 conference in Las Vegas in Oct 2014.
He has presented conference papers on aspects of Information Governance, Analytics and Knowledge Management at a range of recent conferences.
His home page is http://computing.derby.ac.uk/wordpress/people-2/richard-j-self/