- The smart speaker revolution isn’t quite here yet 17 June 2019 | 4:25 pm
- BoJo’s 2025 fibre promise has no basis in reality 17 June 2019 | 4:22 pm
- Why encryption is still impacting mobile video quality of experience 17 June 2019 | 12:34 pm
- Tory leadership favourite makes 2025 FTTH commitment 17 June 2019 | 12:25 pm
- Ofcom adds some colour to ‘fairness’ campaign 17 June 2019 | 12:25 pm
Senior Policy Officer Information Commissioner’s Office
Carl Wiper has worked at the Information Commissioner’s Office since 2010. He is a Senior Policy Officer in the Policy Delivery department. He is currently working on a number of issues in relation to data protection and freedom of information, including big data, open data and outsourcing. He wrote the ICO’s discussion paper on Big data and data protection.
Before joining the ICO, he was an information manager in local government, and his career has been spent working in information management in organisations in the public, private and third sectors.