- Europe wants to force all mobile phones to use the same charger port 16 January 2020 | 5:06 pm
- UK stumbles to 13th in Digital Readiness rankings as Singapore leads 16 January 2020 | 5:02 pm
- Satellite Synchronization is Critical to 5G Mobile Cellular Network Operation 16 January 2020 | 3:50 pm
- Indian Supreme Court rejects telcos appeal over government bill 16 January 2020 | 1:07 pm
- O2 joins the OpenRAN movement 16 January 2020 | 11:17 am
Senior Policy Officer Information Commissioner’s Office
Carl Wiper has worked at the Information Commissioner’s Office since 2010. He is a Senior Policy Officer in the Policy Delivery department. He is currently working on a number of issues in relation to data protection and freedom of information, including big data, open data and outsourcing. He wrote the ICO’s discussion paper on Big data and data protection.
Before joining the ICO, he was an information manager in local government, and his career has been spent working in information management in organisations in the public, private and third sectors.