- Nokia and Verizon claim another 5G first 17 August 2018 | 3:14 pm
- Designing IoT for Asia 17 August 2018 | 2:24 pm
- Roaming for MVNOs: Opportunities and strategies 17 August 2018 | 2:17 pm
- Google suppliers prepped for Christmas assault on speaker market 17 August 2018 | 12:13 pm
- Nvidia share price slips as crypto boom fades 17 August 2018 | 12:12 pm
BSS: Into the Cloud
Questions in this section were put to operators exclusively as we sought to establish which elements of the BSS environment are being addressed with the most urgency. Cloud already enjoys significant penetration within telcos, with respondents using a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for a number of business functions. More than 40 per cent of respondents reported that their organisation currently runs its Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
activity on a SaaS solution. But in addressing their BSS environments as a whole operators clearly have a good deal more thinking to do.
• 18 per cent of respondents are planning to move to a Cloud-based BSS solution within 12 months.
• 43 per cent of respondents are planning to deploy or upgrade their customer management application within 12 months.
• Cost efficiency and scalability are the two top concerns related to the move to a Cloud-based BSS solution.
As operators look to win and retain customers through innovation in key areas of their customer interface like charging, customer service and CEM, their BSS portfolio and investments are becoming ever more important to success. Meanwhile the mass migration of enterprise IT into the cloud is expanding the range of options open to operators as they look to refine and redefine their BSS environments.
Click here to view the full article.