- CenturyLink video service doesn’t make it out of Beta 23 February 2018 | 4:50 pm
- Get smart! We need to re-think how we power the platform business 23 February 2018 | 4:41 pm
- Shuffle Sites: Lighting and Connecting the Smart City 23 February 2018 | 3:39 pm
- The Telecoms.com Podcast: Pre MWC special 23 February 2018 | 2:40 pm
- Ofcom lays more rules on Openreach to stimulate fibre investment 23 February 2018 | 1:07 pm
BSS: Into the Cloud
Questions in this section were put to operators exclusively as we sought to establish which elements of the BSS environment are being addressed with the most urgency. Cloud already enjoys significant penetration within telcos, with respondents using a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for a number of business functions. More than 40 per cent of respondents reported that their organisation currently runs its Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
activity on a SaaS solution. But in addressing their BSS environments as a whole operators clearly have a good deal more thinking to do.
• 18 per cent of respondents are planning to move to a Cloud-based BSS solution within 12 months.
• 43 per cent of respondents are planning to deploy or upgrade their customer management application within 12 months.
• Cost efficiency and scalability are the two top concerns related to the move to a Cloud-based BSS solution.
As operators look to win and retain customers through innovation in key areas of their customer interface like charging, customer service and CEM, their BSS portfolio and investments are becoming ever more important to success. Meanwhile the mass migration of enterprise IT into the cloud is expanding the range of options open to operators as they look to refine and redefine their BSS environments.
Click here to view the full article.